Dogs have been welcome at parkrun since we started, however, we do recognise that they pose a potential risk to participants, and other park users, and we, therefore, ask that parkrunners with dogs abide by the following principles.
- Please check the event website to confirm whether dogs are allowed
- One dog per parkrunner whether walking, jogging, running or volunteering
- Short hand-held non-extendable leads only - no waist harnesses
- Please stand back at pre-event briefings if your dog is prone to barking. This is to ensure that parkrunners can hear announcements clearly and don't get distracted.
- When taking part with a dog please position yourself at the start line according to ability
- Keep your dog on a lead by your side & within arms reach throughout the event
- It is not permitted to participate with a pushchair and a dog at the same time
- Do not register your dog as a parkrunner
- Consider whether the weather/terrain are suitable for your dog
- Please clean up after your dog
At junior parkrun dogs are not allowed to accompany walkers, joggers, runners or volunteers, with the exception of assistance dogs. You can spectate with your dog on a lead but please stand well back from the course.
Remember, you cannot register your dog, or any other animal, with us - parkrun is for humans only.